Sunday, March 15, 2015

23rd Birthday

Today my grandmother and her cousin and my aunt's family minus Ryker went out to dinner to celebrate my birthday tomorrow.  Ryker couldn't come because he had a job interview earlier (he'll be 16 in two weeks) and he had a bunch of homework to catch up on.  We went to Bob Evans which while not my first choice, or second, or third (my grandmother kept shooting down my ideas) it was good.  My grandmother gave me some cash (Yay! I can afford food this week!) and my aunt gave me an amazon gift card (which I went home and promptly spend on books from my wishlist.)  I'm not particularly fond of cake but I made one anyway and sent the majority of it home with my aunt.  I like making cakes just not eating them; I'm more of a biscuit or donut person. 

My parents are still in Florida and don't get back until the end of the month so mom said we could go out to dinner then.  I can't wait until they get back.  I'm not very good at managing things myself.  I've been saying I need a new summer quilt for my bed for a while so mom let me pick one out online.  I already have a quilt and I really like it but it's my parents old one and it's probably around 12 years old and the backing is falling off and the cotton keeps falling out and it has a softball sized hole in it and I haven't washed it in ages because I'm afraid the washer will shred it.  It's pretty messed up.  Before they left I asked dad if he thought it could be fixed but he took one glance at it and said it needed to go directly into the trash.  Anyway mom let me pick out a new one online and it's set to arrive by the end of the week.  It's really pretty, black and white designed squares in a checkerboard pattern.  

No new information about when the memorial for my father will be.  It's been 13 days since he died.  I'm hoping it's soon.  I just want to get it over with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment