Monday, November 18, 2013

Devil Person

Days until restraining order is lifted: 124 
 
As a follow-up (or would it be a prelude) to my last post Music of the Devil, I figured I would post about the first time I was called a “Devil Person.”  This story can also be found on peopleofwalmart.com under the title “A Goth Topic.” 

On this particular day I was wearing black jeans, a black T-shirt, several spiked leather bands on my wrists, a pink and black dog collar, a large shiny pink Nightmare Before Christmas belt buckle and a Nightmare Before Christmas Jack Skellington hat.  I stopped at Walmart to pick up a few things on my way to work.  Another customer came up to me and told me she really liked my costume.  I told her it’s not really a costume if I dress like this every day and that I was Goth.  She flipped out and accused me of being the devil.  Her exact words were:  “You’re one of those Devil People aren’t you!?  Stay away from me with your evil magic!”  And then she screamed at me and ran away.  A bunch of other people heard the exchange and started laughing.  Why this woman thought I was in costume at one-thirty in the afternoon three weeks before Halloween, I have no idea.  But it sure made for an interesting encounter.  Some people are just so stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment