Thursday, November 14, 2013

Mucic of the Devil

Days until restraining order is lifted: 128
 
I went shopping today just to grab a few things and was called a Devil Person for watching a YouTube video of an Asian man playing the violin.  It wasn’t the first time I was called a Devil Person, but it was the first time it happened for listening to violin music.

I was watching the video on my phone (with headphones in) while waiting on the people in front of me, when the woman behind me just flipped out.

Crazy Woman: What it that horrible noise?
Me: It’s violin music.
CW: What kind of weirdo listens to violin music?
Me: Me, apparently.
CW: (sees who’s playing the violin in the video) He’s Asian!  Asian people are the Devil!
Me: Um… I hardly think so.
CW: You must stop listening to that Devil music and go to church like a good Christian.
Me: Not that it’s any of your business but I’m an atheist.
CW: You’re one of those Devil People!  You worship Satan, kill children and have gay sex!
Me: As I said before, I’m an atheist.  I don’t even believe in the Devil.  And though it’s hardly your concern, you’re right about the gay sex.  I’m bisexual.

 And then she screamed and ran off.  It was quite amusing.


No comments:

Post a Comment