Friday, September 26, 2014

Conversation with Voloyda 27

Voloyda and I were talking last week after LARP and somehow got onto the topic of David’s wife and he said something about what she must have thought about me hitting on David.  This was the following conversation.

O: I would imagine it was something along the lines of: ‘My husband is being hit on by his much younger coworker.  This is not an issue because I trust him.’
V: Ha!  Yeah, no.  It probably went more like: ‘My fifty-five year old husband who’s left me twice before, who I nag the piss out of every day and, who I haven’t had sex with in three months is being hit on by some floozy 1/3 his age.  I bet he’s already sleeping with her.  If I don’t do something now it’s only a matter of time before he leaves me again.’
O: May I ask why you’re portraying his wife as some sort of paranoid, sexually frustrated, harpy?  I’ve never actually met her but I would assume she’s quite pleasant.
V: That’s what women act like.
O: That is mildly sexist and I don’t know what kind of women you’ve been associating with but most of us don’t act like that.
V: You don’t act like that.  But most women freak out about everything.  You’re much more laid back about the relationship stuff than the average woman.
O: I don’t think so.
V: Believe me, you are.

I asked Silas if he thought I was lax about relationship stuff and he agreed with Voloyda that I was.  An amazement in itself because usually he goes out of his way to avoid anything Voloyda says or does.

As for David’s wife, she can’t be that bad; after all he did remarry her.

No comments:

Post a Comment