Friday, April 8, 2016

Update on Voloyda

"I was reading through the blog and it really struck me how absolutely insane Voloyda's behavior was. You say several times you were thinking about going to the police but you never did. Why not? And how is he now? You haven't mentioned him since you broke up months ago." Markus made this comment on my last post and here is my response.

Voloyda and I have a long and confusing and oftentimes irrational relationship.  As much as I bitched about him he was still my friend and I did love him.  As weird as it sounds considering everything that was going on, I was trying to protect him, I didn't want to be the reason for him getting into trouble.  And as bad as his behavior was I don't think he ever meant me any real harm and I was convinced there was something really wrong with him.  I talked about how bizarre his behavior was but he wasn't always like that.  We were together for three years, were engaged even, and things were great until they weren't.  He changed and his behavior just got more and more erratic.  He'd go through these horrible mood swings, he'd get super paranoid thinking there were people out to get him, he'd lose all sense of time, he spent all his money on stupid dangerous stuff, he did some pretty fucked up stuff to me personally.  I kept telling him something was wrong, that he needed to go to a doctor, but he wouldn't listen.  He kept insisting everything was fine that his behavior was perfectly normal.  Eventually I couldn't take it anymore and broke up with him.  On here he sounds like a complete psycho but that's not how he really is.  As much as he annoyed me and stressed me out I still loved him, plus I felt bad about how our relationship ended.  
He is so much better now.  He's back to his old self.  I mentioned it before, and again, I don't really want to go into the details too much because it's not my right to tell but I ended up being right; he was mentally ill.  And now that he's getting help he's back to how he used to be.  He's currently going part-time at university.  He's moved back in with his parent's to help out with the farm and he has a part-time job.  He's stopped hanging out with some of his more dangerous acquaintances.  Since we broke up for good he's been totally cool.  No late phone calls, no hiding in the bushes, no following me.  We hang out as friends and are even LARPing together again.  It's great.  Everything worked out very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment