Friday, July 7, 2017

Plasma Donating

As ya'll know I'm unemployed and waiting on disability and lately I've gotten particularly tired of being perpetually broke so I started donating plasma.  I've no problem with needles and have a lot of free time so it's a decent way to make $60 a week.  I've been going since mid May and overall it goes decently.  There have been a few issues.  

Like the fact that I have 'bad' veins and only one person there 'Trish' has managed to successfully stick me, so until the people realized that, I had to deal with what seemed like every person in the office unsuccessfully digging the needle around in my arms.  Mostly that's stopped (except the time I went in and Trish wasn't working, which actually kind of worked out because if they stick you and can't get the vein, you get to leave but they still pay you full price) and the people know to just have Trish do the poking.  She doesn't always manage to get it on the first arm but she's still better than everyone else who can't get it at all.

And there were the times I felt really poorly and they had to stop the machine to fan me and give me something to drink.  One of the times that happened the machine didn't start back up properly and I didn't end up finishing the donation.  Plus because the machine wasn't working they were unable to return a fair amount of my blood which I'm sure contributed to the horrible cold I came down with 4 days later.  Once 'Shae' said I turned so white she thought I was going to turn into a piece of chalk, which was rather amusing.  

And of course there was the first day I went in, which took SIX AND A HALF HOURS and I didn't even get to donate.  It took forever to get me set up in the system and then when I finally got to the back, the guy that stuck me fucked it up so bad that I couldn't donate for a week.  He stuck the needle in and I just immediately got a huge bruise.  I don't know what the fuck he did because I've had like 10 different people poke me since then and that hasn't happened again.

Yeah, but other than all of that it's been going pretty well.  I managed to save all the money I need for the family reunion (which is the week of the 16th and I will definitely post about when I get back) and I even had extra to buy some books and stim toys and to help out an acquaintance.  Here is their fundraiser if you'd like to help out.

No comments:

Post a Comment