Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Voloyda's Craziness Part 18

Days until restraining order is lifted: 74

Voloyda was arrested the other day for public drunkenness.  Now usually I’d be happy with any misfortune that befalls him, but I dislike the police more than I dislike him (at least in this particular situation); so for this time I’m inclined to side with Voloyda.  Apparently Voloyda was hanging out at his cousin’s house, drinking and playing football.  The football was thrown over the fence into the alley so Voloyda stepped into the alley to retrieve it.  The cops were in the alley and arrested him for public drunkenness.  Now I’m all for the police cracking down on drunks and everything, but arresting someone for taking a few steps off private property to retrieve a football seems like a clear abuse of power, especially when public drunkenness is usually met with a citation and not an arrest.

No comments:

Post a Comment