Saturday, August 16, 2014

Conversation with Voloyda 26

This was the conversation Voloyda and I had in response to my previous post.

V: Why'd you have to say it like that?  You make me sound like some kind of crazy person.
O: You are a crazy person!  No normal person would look at your behavior and think it was a good idea.  Hell, I'm far from normal and even I can tell it's fucked up.
V: You're just as crazy as I am.
O: I'm inclined to disagree.  I wouldn't do half the things to do and somehow manage to get away with.
V: The secret to getting away with things is to follow all of the small rules so when a larger rule is broken they don't suspect you.  And if they do suspect you, having the right friends and enough money can get you out of almost anything.
O: I would hesitate to call some of the people you associate with 'friends.'
V: Friend or not, there is no doubt that knowing the right people is a definite benefit.
O: Until you piss of the wrong person and wind up dead in the gutter.  No thanks, I'll just follow the rules and then I won't have need of 'friends' like that.
V: I'm not going to wind up dead in the gutter.
O: Let's turn it around, shall we?  Ivan was your 'friend' and someone you had done 'business' with in the past and then you stabbed him.  Who's to say that wouldn't happen to you?
V: Allegedly stabbed.  What happened with Ivan was a misunderstanding.  I thought he turned me into the police; you can't do that to your brothers.  And he didn't wind up dead in the gutter.  No one winds up dead in the gutter.  And me and Ivan are totally fine now.
O: Everything you just said proves how crazy you are.  First off, if you didn't break the law, you wouldn't have to worry about people turning you into the police.  Second, normal people don't solve their problems by stabbing someone.  And thirdly, I don't care how many times someone says they're fine with it, no one is fine with the person who stabbed them.
V: Allegedly stabbed.  And that was quite a while ago.  I don't really hang out with those people like I used to and I'm not like that anymore.
O: I didn't say you were.  I was just pointing out that your behavior, both past and current, is out of the ordinary.
V: So what if my behavior is strange?  Name someone who doesn't have any strange behaviors.  You can't because people like that don't exist.
O: I never said people's behavior wasn't odd, just that your behavior was stranger than average.
V: As is yours.
O: I make no objection to that; I am well aware that my behavior is out of the ordinary.

I would think following the smaller rules in an effort to avoid unwanted attention on larger broken rules would only work if people weren't already on to you.  Voloyda has not only broken large rules but quite a few smaller ones as well, which is why people already regard him with suspicion.  As for his so called 'friends' let's just say that some of them are not the most of savory of people and I certainly wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of them.  I'm not saying they're all bad but when you hang around with thugs and criminals, the chances of you winding up dead are far greater than if you were hanging out with a group of school teachers or accountants.  On the topic of other people's behavior, I am constantly baffled.  I don't know if it's because of my social phobias or what but I have quite a bit of difficulty understanding people's behavior.  I've been trying for years and I still can't seem to get a grasp on the normal social interactions that seem to come so easily to everyone else.

2 comments:

  1. I am a bit curious of what you mean when you say you don't understand normal social interactions. Do you don't understand body language or what people are saying or something else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually been meaning to make a post on this topic. There's far too much for me to say in a comment but I will definitely do a post covering this within the next couple of weeks.

      Delete