Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Turned Down at the Movies

Days until restraining order is lifted: 249

Theo and I went to the movies today (we saw “The Heat” which was hilarious and I totally want to see it again and “Despicable Me 2” it was good but not as good as the first one) and there was this super-hot guy in his 50’s that works there.  So as we were leaving the first movie I saw this guy and was all like ‘Theo he is so hot.  I need to go talk to him.’ And Theo was like ‘No!’ and so we went and wandered the mall for an hour.  So when we came back for the next movie he was still there and I said I was going to talk to him.  Theo and I got our seats in the theater and I went in search of this man.  I swear he was avoiding me, every time I got close to him he would go either behind the ticket counter or into what I assume was an office (I couldn’t really see into it).  I eventually, after about 20 minutes, succeeded in catching him and this was our conversation:

Me: Excuse me, sir?
Him: Yes, how can I help you?
Me: Well I was wondering if you were, you know, seeing anyone?
Him: What?
Me: Maybe you'd like to go out with me sometime?
Him: Oh, um, yeah.  I’m already taken.
Me: Oh.  Sorry.  *awkward silence*  This is really awkward.  I'll just go back to my movie now.

I went back to my theater and when I told Theo what happened he laughed at me.  That’s not even the worst part the guy is like a manager at the theater.  I’ll bet he’s there every time I go to see a movie from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment