Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Conversation with Voloyda 25/Mother

V: You should go to David's softball game and talk to him.
O: No I shouldn't.
V: Just go and ask him out.
O: That is such a bad idea.
V: You won't know unless you ask him.
O: Yes I do know.  It wouldn't work out.
V: You don't know that.
O: Even if I did ask him out, he wouldn't say yes.  And if he did it wouldn't work out anyway so why bother?
V: You won't know it you don't try.
O: I do know.  Let's list all the reasons David and I wouldn't work out, shall we?
  1. He had a restraining order against me
  2. He hates me
  3. He thinks that I want to kill him
  4. He's married
  5. His children are older than I am
  6. He's 33 years older than me
  7. He's catholic
  8. He's on his third marriage
  9. He's my former boss
  10. He fired me
  11. He smokes
  12. I'm crazy
  13. We have nothing in common
  14. My family would freak out
  15. His family would probably freak out as well
  16. I want to have children someday
  17. He'll probably be dead in 20 years
V: And despite all that you would still go out with him.
O: What can I say?  There's something wrong with me.
V: But you don't actually need to have an ongoing relationship with him.  You guys could just like... friends with benefits?  That's basically what you want from him anyway.
O: That's kind of offensive and in order to have a friends-with-benefits relationship you kind of have to be friends.  And we're not.  And never will be.  I've accepted this.  Why can't you?
V: Because it's my fault that you don't have a chance with him.  If I hadn't involved myself in your business you could have hooked-up already.
O: No, we couldn't have.  He's married and seems devoted to his wife.
V: You mean the wife that he's left on at least two separate occasions?  That wife?  He's not that devoted.  You could be the catalyst for time number three.
O: It's possible but very improbable that that would have happened.  And what makes you think I would want to be the reason for someone leaving their wife?  Besides if you forced someone to break up their family they would hate you in the long run.
V: Who said anything about the long run?  You hook up with him now and you'll have 15 years before he kicks the bucket.
O: I am 22-years-old; 15 years is two-thirds of my life.  I can't imagine doing anything for 15 years.  How is 15 years not long term?
V: Because if you hook up with him now and he dies in 15 years you'll only be 37.  That's plenty of time to start over.

O: That's actually a pretty good point.  But no thanks.

Voloyda is driving me mad; nagging me to go after David.  He keeps badgering me to go to David's softball game but as of yet hasn't told me where it is.  He appears to be listening to me for once in his life.  Let's see if he keeps it up.

My mother was released from hospital today.  She was in there since Thursday and was finally released today.  She's going to be out of work until the end of the month though.  I'm so happy she's out; both because it sucks being stuck in hospital and I'm glad she's okay and because without her here to keep the peace my stepfather and I were at each other's throats about to kill each other.

3 comments:

  1. Are you English? It says you're in America but you use a lot of British terms; mad, motorway, dustbin, post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ethnically speaking I am 1/4 each English, German, French, and Polish but citizenship wise I'm American. I read a lot of British writings and I guess some of it must have rubbed off on me.

      Delete
  2. He's my former boss
    He fired me
    He smokes
    I'm crazy <--- I lost it at this point. I was laughing my ass off. It's a normal list up until this point and then "I'm crazy." And what made it funnier was that you just continued listing normal points after that.

    ReplyDelete