Thursday, July 17, 2014

Family Reunion 2014/Dog-Sitting Titus

Sorry for the delay, I was going to update the other day but I've been at my aunt's and had some trouble connecting to the internet.

Last Thursday my favorite "Aunt Bonnie" flew in from Texas for our family reunion (for more about Bonnie read my posts from June 20th-25th of last year).  She got in semi-early and I was still sleeping so she took it upon herself to go downstairs and wake me up...by flopping down on top of me and refusing to get off.  She did end up helping me make the cookies for the reunion though so I guess that made up for being woken up early.  We made about 20 dozen peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies.  I'm a fairly good baker so I always get volunteered (often without being asked about it first) to make baked goods for things 

Saturday was the reunion.  The day did not start well because my grandmother called and told us she cut the end of her toe off and needed a ride to hospital.  Lucky me; I was the one that got to go get her, take her to hospital, and sit with her for three hours until the doctor patched her toe up.  She told me not to tell people how she cut her toe but it's too stupid not to tell.  She was cutting her toenails with a pair of scissors and cut off the tip of her big toe.  I couldn't stop laughing; it's just so stupid.

When I finally got to the reunion though it was a lot of fun.  There was a lot of food, games, and people.  Quite a few people were playing "A Minute to Win It" which was hilarious.  Silas came and met my family.  I got to spend some quality time with my "favorite Aunt-Cousin Bonnie," (Her words, not mine).  It was a fun day.

Bonnie left on Monday morning so Sunday night we went to the drive-in cinema and saw "Tammy."  It was hilarious; I'm going to have to make Silas go and see it with me.

I started watching my aunt's house.  It's nice to get away from my family for a while.  I love them and all but they drive me crazy and sometimes I need a break.  The weather has been awesome and I've gone swimming every day since I got here.  Titus has been really good and only scratched me with his razor sharp nails a little bit and that was only because Silas dragged him into the pool.  Titus is a lab mix and has the webbed toes of a water dog and knows how to swim but hates the water.  Silas dragged him into the pool and Titus started flailing about so I put my arm under his stomach to sort of keep him on the top of the water and he tried to crawl up my body.  He emerged from his unwanted swim unscathed and continued to sit at the edge of the pool and stick his feet in and try to drink the water.
Titus conked out on the sofa after a tiring day of fetch and annoying me in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment