Saturday, March 11, 2017

TDoV Day 11

Day 11: Talk about expression and presentation. Do you present as your identified gender? Do you use cosmetics? Do you use scented products? Do you wear jewelry or other accessories? Which rack do most of your clothes come off of? Do you take any special measures with regard to body, facial, or head hair? Have you faced any particular challenges related to your gender expression or presentation?

I present as a man.  I wear men’s clothes and shoes.  I use men’s toiletries.  I was never really into makeup, occasionally I’ll use some to darken my eyebrows but that’s about it.  I don’t wear a whole lot of jewelry.  Sometimes I wear my Batman watch or a chewie necklace but that’s it; I don’t like the sensation of jewelry on my body.  I like non-jewelry accessories though.  Even before I came out as trans I loved to wear ties, I have a whole bunch that I occasionally wear.  I like to wear snapback hats, I have several but mostly wear my galaxy print one, the others are pop culture based and only work with certain clothes (Pokémon, Batman, Slytherin, Zelda).  I also have a cheap pair of batman sunglasses I wear all the time.  All of my clothes come from the men’s department with the exception of socks which I get from boys (one of the few benefits of having smaller feet is that I can get 10 pairs of socks for $7).  I have a masculine haircut, it’s currently a fade, though I’ve previously had a Mohawk, fauxhawk, and buzz cut.  I don’t really have any particular challenges with my expression; mostly I just dress/express how I want to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment