Sunday, April 6, 2014

LARP/Fear of Ducks Part 2

Today I went and participated in a LARP (For those of you that aren't total nerds, LARP stands for Live Action Role Playing and in the simplest terms involves putting on costumes and bashing people with foam weapons.  The movie "Role Models" has some pretty accurate LARPing if you want to see for yourself.) battle at Voloyda's parents.  I haven't really LARPed since Voloyda and I broke up because I was on his team and things were just really weird.  But now that he's acting normally I figured it would be okay to start back up again.  It was so much fun and I have the bruises to prove it.  After the freezing winter we just had, it was nice to get outside and bash some people up.

I also went because they live on a farm and raise animals, including ducks.  And since I'm trying to get over my fear of ducks, it seemed like a good place to go and get up close with ducks.  After the battle Voloyda and I hung out with the ducks.  It wasn't that bad.  And the ducks were okay as well.  (Bad joke, I know.  I couldn't resist putting it in there.)  One of the ducks bit me (I told you they were dangerous) but it didn't really hurt.

After both researching and having some close up interactions with ducks, I have discovered that it isn't groups of ducks that I should be fear but single ducks.  There are very few records of group attacks but plenty of records of singular ducks attacking.  However, I am reasonably certain that I could fend off a single attacking duck should the situation ever arise.  I would say ducks are something that while they may make me slightly uncomfortable, are no longer something I am afraid of.

Looking for next fear to overcome.  Of the following, which would you most like to see me tackle next?  Leave your vote in the comment.  Fears I am willing to try next:
     1. Crickets
     2. Earthquakes
     3. Holes
     4. Mauled by hippos - being
     5. Poliomyelitis 

4 comments:

  1. I love that movie.
    I vote for poliomyelitis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hippos are actually really harmful. You are right to be afraid of them.
    You should do crickets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vova didn't tell me you would be coming to the LARP. If i had known i would have came home for the day. I vote for polio. that's not exactly something you need to worry about if you've been vaccinated.

    ReplyDelete