Friday, June 7, 2013

Date with Greg Part 2

Days until restraining order is lifted: 288

Well Greg and I went on our date yesterday.  I had Theo follow us to make sure the man didn’t kill me.  Theo had on this super bright blue and purple shirt.  Does he not know how to be inconspicuous?  Men, they have no sense of stealth.  It didn’t help that Greg held the door open for him when we left the restaurant.  Fortunately, Greg like most men was remarkably unobservant.  LOL.

So Theo and I arrived at the restaurant 30 minutes early and explained the situation to the hostess
H: So table for two?
T: Well kind of
O: There’s three of us but we need to be at different tables
T: She has a date. But hasn’t met the man so I’m here to make sure she’s safe
O: So if we could get tables near each other so he could see what’s going on
H: So you want it to be like secret
T: Yes
H: How about a table separated by a wall
O: That would be perfect

So Theo was seated in a two person booth on one side of the wall and I was seated in a booth on the other.  Our waitresses were so funny they kept coming over and talking to us.  Telling us about similar situations they had.  And when Greg got there they kept coming over and asking how everything was. 

That dinner was the most awkward meal I have ever experienced.  We don’t really have anything in common and I had no idea what to talk about.  It didn’t help that he lied about how many children he has.  When we were texting he said he had 2 children but, at dinner he said he had three.  And one of his daughters is named “October” as well.  That’s weird I didn’t really think my name was that common.  After we ate we decided to go over to the mall and see a movie (the mall was right across the street).  We were walking out and Theo was right behind us.  Greg ended up holding the door open for him.  Theo said later that they made direct eye-contact. 

Theo started walking over to the mall and Greg was ahead of me so I picked Theo up.  He jumped out when we got to the mall and agreed to meet in the food court.  I went and parked and met him there, Greg arrived a few minutes later.  Theo went up to the theater while Greg ran to the bathroom.  Greg and I went up and bought our tickets.  Greg and I sat in the middle of the last row and Theo sat the row in front of us to the right.  We watched the movie.  When it was over we left the theater and once again Greg ended up holding the door for Theo.  How he didn’t notice it was the same man from the restaurant I have no idea.  Men are so unperceptive.  I always notice when people are following me, though that may be because with Voloyda I’m used to having to watch out for people.  The man has me paranoid.

Overall the date was awkward but what first date isn’t awkward?  It was awkward but not necessarily bad.  But I don't think I'll go out with him again.  We don't really have anything in common.  I’ll probably text him tomorrow.   

I had to get up at 6:30 today to help with our garage sale and I am so tired.  I never get up that early.  On the plus side I made $56.  And my psychiatrist finally agreed to change my meds.  I am so happy about that.  The stuff I’ve been taking does not work.  I’ve been begging her to change them for months.  Goodbye Prozac, Hello Effexor.  Hope these new pills work.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment