Thursday, August 29, 2013

Awkward Conversation with David

Days until restraining order is lifted: 205

My favorite celebrity ever is Alan Rickman (and if you don't know who that is you must remedy the situation immediately.  Go watch Harry Potter or Die Hard or Sweeney Todd.)  Pretty much everyone at The Store knew I liked Alan Rickman.  So when I said that I thought David looked like Alan Rickman, the logical conclusion was that I liked David as well.  So most of the people I worked with knew that I had a crush on David.  And they teased me about it incessantly.  So one day we were working and David was helping me to pick up the sales floor and we were talking, not really about anything in particular.  And, still no idea why I said this, it was such a bad idea, and I have no idea what I was expecting the outcome to be, but I said it anyway:

O: You know who you look like?
D: Woody Harrelson?
O: Who is Woody Harrelson?  I don't know who that is.  (I looked it up later.  David looks nothing like Woody Harrelson.)  You look like Alan Rickman.
D: I prefer Woody Harrelson.
O: (It was going totally fine up until this point.  I hadn't said anything weird or embarrassing and then:) But Alan Rickman is totally hot.
D: ...
O: ...
D: Thanks?

And then he laughed at me and walked away without saying anything else.  It was totally awkward and I wished I hadn't said it.  I think that was the first time David heard it from me that I thought he was attractive.  It was so embarrassing.  And everyone at The Store, including David, teased me even more after that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment