Friday, April 12, 2013

Stacy

Days until restraining order is lifted: 344

One of my supervisors at The Store was a woman named Stacy.  I liked Stacy, at first.  I still do.  We got along quite well until she found out I was bisexual.  Her reaction: “I didn’t know you were a faggot.”  Nice, yeah?  I let it slide and didn’t report it at first.  And then I found out she was saying it to people behind my back.  She was also telling people that I wanted to sleep with David, and making snide little comments like: “Why don’t you go and clean the bathroom and I’ll send David in there after you?” and “How did you get a mid-shift on Saturday? What’d you do sleep with David?”  I filed a complaint with David, in what was probably the most awkward conversation I’ve ever had in my entire life.  There was talk of an investigation.  And I heard from what I thought was a reliable source that Stacy might be put on suspension.  I retracted my complaint.  I thought maybe Stacy might lighten up if she wasn’t being investigated.  Didn’t happen.  Stacy is the one that reported me.  She’s the one that got me fired.  I strongly dislike Stacy and though I haven’t as of yet forgiven her, I don’t hold it against her either.  

No comments:

Post a Comment