Sunday, May 26, 2013

Pedestrians

Days until restraining order is lifted: 300

My mother and I were taking my grandmother home and on the way back my mother almost ran over a dog.  She totally would have if I hadn’t pointed it out.  Then she almost ran over these people, they were jaywalking, so that one wouldn’t have been her fault. 

According to the police if someone is standing in the road you can legally run them over.  I asked an officer when I was planning to get David to run me over.  Apparently if I’m standing in the street and someone hits me I would be cited and not the person that ran me over because I would have been jaywalking.  So as long as you don’t swerve to hit the person, you can legally go around mowing people down.  Isn’t that fascinating? 

Here’s another fun fact about ‘pedestrian’ causalities.  One–third of people hit in 2012 were not actually pedestrians, but people lying illegally in the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment