Saturday, March 8, 2014

Apology to David

Days until restraining order is lifted: 14

After I was released from the hospital I had my sister stop at The Store before she took me home.  Annette was surprised to see me out of the hospital.  She said that when she had been there they had kept her for six days but that she had done nothing but sit in bed for the first two.  I asked her when David worked next because I needed to talk to him.  She told me that it was his weekend off and that he wouldn't be back until Monday.  She said she would call me when she got off work.  We made plans to go out on Sunday after her and Minerva got off of work.

The next day I went back to The Store.  I talked to Stacy and thanked her for pulling me out of the street.

On Monday I went to The Store to talk to David.  I asked the person on the register if they could page him for me.  David came down to talk to me.  I thanked him for saving my life.  He said that he hadn't, that it was Stacy who had pulled me from the street.  I told him that what had saved my life wasn't Stacy but what he had said to me.  That if he hadn't said what he did, I would have gone back into the street.  I hugged him and apologized for smacking him.  He told me that I hadn't hit him.  I know I hit someone and I'm pretty sure it was him but I suppose it could have been Stacy.  I wasn't exactly in a clear state of mind at the time.  Four days later I was banned from The Store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment