Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Conversation with Voloyda 23

Days until restraining order is lifted: 4

V: So your restraining order is officially over the 22nd.  I was thinking we could have a party at my apartment after the show to celebrate.
O: At your apartment?
V: Yes.
O: Which is the same building that David lives in?
V: Yes.
O: I don't think so.
V: Why not?
O: Because taunting the man by showing up at his apartment to have an 'end of restraining order party' mere hours after the restraining order expires seems like such a good idea.
V: By the time we get there it will be the 23rd and the restraining order will have officially expired.  It would be totally legal.  It's a good plan.
O: A good plan?  Yeah, it would be a good plan alright, if the plan was me getting arrested.
V: After the restraining order expires you can go wherever you want.  He wouldn't be able to do anything.
O: Except maybe file another restraining order.  I'll not risk that.  I'm not going to your apartment.  At least not that night.  If you want to put together a small get-together for the following weekend or have a party at your parent's, I'll go to that, but I'm not showing up at David's apartment building the day the restraining order expires.
V: We don't even live on the same floor.  He wouldn't even know you were there.
O: Didn't you say you have the apartment directly above or below him?
V: Well yeah, but that doesn't really matter.
O: You don't think the sound of a party coming up through the floor at 2:30 in the morning wouldn't draw his attention.  Or the attention of all your neighbors really?
V: I could always pay them off not to file a noise complaint.
O: Is David included in the them that you're going to pay off?
V: $2-250 an apartment should work.
O: Again, I ask: is David on this list of neighbors that you're planning on paying off?  Because either way, I can't see this working out.  Either you try to pay him off and hope he doesn't recognize you as the man who's been following and threatening him or you don't and run the risk of him possibly showing up at your apartment to inquire about the noise and he finds me.  Neither of the situations is appealing.
V:  He wouldn't recognize me as the person that threatened him.  Or that followed him.
O: How has he not seen you?  You're really noticeable when you follow people.
V: Maybe I had someone follow him for me?
O: Please tell me you didn't.
V: He wouldn't recognize me as anyone other than someone he occasionally ran into while moving about the building.  And besides he thinks that the person who threatened him is a man.
O: You are a man.
V: Not when David's seen me, I haven't been.  And I'll be wearing the Columbia costume the night of the party.
O: "Not when David's seen me, I haven't been."  Please tell me that doesn't mean what I think it means.
V: Sorry, but it does.  Whenever I followed David, I dressed as a woman.  And I looked fan-tab-U-lous!
O: Oh god.  I have no words.  I'm not going to a party at your apartment the night the restraining order expires.  If you want to have one at your parent's or somewhere else, I'll go.  But I'll not go to your apartment.

I don't really have any words for Voloyda's behavior.  Though I suppose dressing as the opposite gender, if you're doing something you shouldn't, would make it harder for the person to identify you.  And Voloyda always made a beautiful woman.  Even knowing of his affinity for cross-dressing, I never suspected he would use it in his pursuit of David.  Brilliant move on his part and a fallacy on mine.  Probably should have seen that coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment