Thursday, February 20, 2014

Annette

Days until restraining order is lifted: 30

Last night, after nearly a year of no contact, Annette sent me a friend request on Facebook.  I have no explanation as to why other than that perhaps she saw my Anniversary post from the other day.  I am quite honestly shocked.  I had come to expect that I would never hear from her again.  I know things will never be the way they were before and I don't expect them to.  Nor do I want them to.  The way they were before was not good for me.  Annette is no longer a friend but an acquaintance.  I know that some people, namely David, will not or cannot forgive me for the things that I (supposedly) did and I'm okay with that.

I had this conversation with Voloyda:

V: I see that you and Annette are friends again.
O: Yes.
V: Kind of strange for her to reach out to you after not talking to you for nearly a year.
O: I thought the same thing.
V: Probably saw your post from the other day.
O: That was the conclusion I came to as well.
V: Well good luck.  Hope everything works out for you.
V: Now you only have to convince David that you're not crazy.
O: Easier said than done.  And it doesn't really matter anyway.  It's not like I'll ever see him again.
V: Still but I would guess that you want him to forgive you.
O: I wish he would.  But I understand that he may not be able to.  And I do not hold it against him.  I really don't care either way.
V: You know you care what he thinks.
O: I care in the sense that the way he views me is not who I am.  If that makes any sense.
V: I get it.  He doesn't really know you other than how you behaved at work.  Which is a skewed sample.  He knows how you reacted to things at The Store but it's not a valid interpretation of who you are.  You were under a lot of stress and your behavior reflected that.  People react to stress in different ways.  Your behavior was erratic and unpredictable.  He was scared of what you might do; that you would hurt or kill him.
O: When he filed the restraining order I do not think he did it out of fear but more out of a desire for me to leave him alone.
V: Which would make sense if you were the one who was following him.
V: You most likely would have won if you had fought the restraining order.  And you definitely would have won if you had told them it was me and not you.
O: Doesn't really matter anymore.  It expires in a month.  And it didn't really affect my life much.  It really only prevented me from getting a gun.  Which to be honest was probably for the best.
V: Yeah.  Probably a good thing.
V: I hear you want to go to a Rocky Horror shadow-cast.  There's one up in Flint next month.  We could go.
O: I would totally go with you but I don't think Silas would like it.
V: You could bring him too.
V: Or I could get a group together.  Sanctuary said she would go.  And I'm sure Snow and Lucifer would go as well.
O: Maybe if you hadn't threatened to stab him he might have considered it but I don't think so.
V: We can go as a group then.  It'll be fun.
O: Why are you being so nice?  Usually you're cursing at me and demanding I go out with you.  What's your angle this time?
V: You're in a committed relationship and you're not going to go out with me.  I'd rather have you as a friend than not at all.
O: I'll ask Silas if he wants to go.
V: My mistake, the shadow-cast is in Wayne not Flint.  The Flint one is tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment