Monday, February 24, 2014

Pretend

Days until restraining order is lifted: 26

Most of the writing I've done lately has been for the blog but I also write poems and short stories.  And I'm writing a novel as well.  I wrote a lot of poems just before and after I was fired as a way to try to deal with everything that I was feeling.  I've decided to post some of them on here.  This one, which I titled Pretend, was written just before I was fired.

I feel like I'm alone
I feel like there is no one
That would understand
What I'm going through
I try to explain
But I just can't
So I keep it to myself
And pretend everything is fine
Even though it isn't
And in public
I smile, laugh, and joke
And pretend to be happy
And then I go home 
And cry

I think that sums things up quite nicely.  And depressingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment