Saturday, February 8, 2014

When I Was Fired Part 1

Days until restraining order is lifted: 42

On the day I was fired I was on my way to The Store when my mother called me and told me that my aunt had died.  So by the time I got to work I was rather upset.  Though I don't know why I reacted the way I did.  I didn't really know her like at all.  I guess that is what some people would call 'the straw that broke the camel's back.'  I was already on a downward spiral and this was the breaking point.  I got to work and I was talking to Stacy.  I cursed about something and she left.  A few minutes later she came back and told me I had to go up to the office.  Stacy followed me up there.  She told me that someone had complained about my cursing.  David was sitting at one of the desks and told me to sit down.  I asked if I was being fired.  He told me I was.  I could feel a panic attack coming on.  My heartbeat was rapidly increasing and it was becoming difficult to breathe.  And then a great calm came over me.  Like everything would be okay.  My heartbeat and breathing returned to normal.  (This is apparently what a psychotic break feels like.  So if you end up feeling like this it's probably not a good sign.)  David was talking; I don't really remember what he said.  I said okay, stood up and calmly walked out of the office to my car.  I wrote a note to my mother, went inside, gave it to Annette and asked her to make sure my mother got it.  I went back outside, walked out to the road and while standing in the median I called my mother. I told her I loved her and that I was sorry.  I hung up and sort of just paced in the median for a minute or so and then Stacy and David came outside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment