Monday, February 17, 2014

Anniversary

Days until restraining order is lifted: 33

Today marks the one year anniversary of my termination from The Store and my subsequent suicide attempt.  It marks the anniversary of the day that my life fell apart.  I enjoyed working at The Store and I miss it sometimes, but I've come to the conclusion that getting fired may have been the best thing for me.  It allowed me to get the help that I so desperately needed.  And without the constant pressure and stress that I was under when I was working there my health, both mental and physical, have greatly improved.  Since I was fired my anxiety and panic attacks have been greatly reduced.  And my fainting spells have almost completely disappeared.  When I was working at The Store I usually fainted at least once a week, but since my termination a year ago I have fainted only twice.  And both were in times of great stress.

I do not regret my being fired, nor do I regret attempting suicide.  But what I do regret is the stress and panic and sadness that I caused my family and friends during that time.  I am sorry for the pain I caused them and would like to thank them again for sticking by me in my time of need.  Especially my sister Andie who visited me in the hospital every day and, my friends Theo, Annette and, Minerva.  And David for saving my life.  They helped me through the most difficult time in my life and for that I am forever grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment