Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Crazier than Most: Conversation with Voloyda 21

Days until restraining order is lifted: 24

Conversation I had with Voloyda last night.

V: Your restraining order is almost over.
O: Indeed it is.
V: You gonna go after David when it expires?
O: No.  The man wants nothing to do with me.
V: You don't know that.
O: He filed a restraining order against me.
V: Maybe his wife pressured him into it.
O: Even if she did, I came onto him long before the restraining order happened and he didn't do anything.
V: Maybe you weren't clear enough.
O: I'm gonna say I was pretty obvious.
V: Men are really bad at picking up on things.  Are you sure you were totally clear?
O: Actually now that I think about, there may have been some mixed signals.  I hit on him all the time and he knew it.  That part was obvious.  But if he ever got close enough to touch me I freaked out and yelled at him to get away.
V: That's what I'm talking about.  Mixed signals.  You probably had him totally confused.
O: I can only imagine what went through his head in those situations.
V: "This woman is crazier than most."
O: ... I.  Love.  It.  That is my new slogan.  October: crazier than most.  Even if he thought I was 'crazier than most' he never told me to stop.  Flirting with him was fun.
V: Fun?  So you were toying with him.
O: I wouldn't say toying.  Toying implies that I wouldn't have gone out with him if he had asked me.  And we all know I would have.
V: Would you now?
O: Would I what?
V: Go out with him?
O: He has a restraining order against me.  And I'm seeing someone.
V: If you weren't?  If after the restraining order expired and you were single, would you go out with him if he asked you?
O: He wouldn't.  He's married.
V: You don't know that for sure.  He might not actually be married.
O: But they're together.  Not being married doesn't give you a free pass to go out with someone else.
V: You're avoiding the question.  Would you or would you not go out with him?
O: I don't know.  Maybe?  If only to ask him what about me did he think was so dangerous that he felt the need to file a restraining order.
V: You so totally want him.
O: Did I say that?  No, I did not.
V: You didn't have to.  The fact that you didn't immediately say no when asked if you would go out with him speaks for itself.  You're obsessed with the man.
O: I'm not obsessed.
V: Really?
O: Maybe I'm a little obsessed.  But not enough to stalk him or anything.  That's all you.  I liked him.  I liked him a lot and you ruined it for me when you followed him to his house.  I was content with just hitting on him.  I was no longer working at The Store.  I was able to be more direct in my pursuit without fear of a sexual harassment claim and you ruined it.  I enjoyed flirting with him even though I knew the chances of anything happening were like zero.
V: As you are so fond of saying, the man is married.  It's not as if he would have left his wife for you.  What you enjoyed was torturing him with something he couldn't have.
O: He could have had me.  If he had wanted to.  But he did not want to.
V: I'm gonna say that he probably did.  I mean what 55-year-old straight man would not want to hook-up with a 20-year-old girl?  He wanted to, just not enough to have an affair.
V: Actually are you sure he's even straight.
O: What?  I would assume so.  He's with a woman.
V: Doesn't necessarily mean he's straight.
O: You know that's right.
V: Hear me out.  It would make sense.  Two failed marriages and the near constant moving.  It seems like he's running from something.  Like maybe his sexuality?
O: Was his first marriage really a failure?  I mean they got back together.
V: If your marriage ends in a divorce I think it would be safe to say it failed.  Even if they did end up getting back together.  I'll not get into semantics with you.
O: If he was gay why get married for a second time?  It doesn't make any sense.
V: She could have been his beard.
O: But why get married?  They could have just dated.  It seems like a lot of unnecessary hardship to marry someone you don't have romantic feelings towards.  I really don't think he's gay.  I suppose it's possible but if he is, why hide it?  In this day and age LGBTQ is so widely accepted.  It's not as if he's a 16-year-old boy scared of getting kicked out of the house; he's an established 55-year-old man.  If you're still in the closet at 55, I don't think there's any hope.
V: You didn't come out as bi until you were 18 or 19.
O: There is a huge difference between 18 and 55.  And neither did you.  And I'm not bi, I'm pan.  Which now that I think about it, if you're pan you're also bisexual by default.  I was confused.  And I think it's the way my parents phrased it.  They always asked me if I liked boys or girls.  It didn't occur to me that I could like both.  Or neither.  Or all.
V: Touche.
O: I missed this.
V: What?
O: Us just talking.
V: We talk all the time.
O: No.  We argue all the time.  I don't remember the last time we had a real conversation like we used to.
V: Are you hitting on me, milady?  Because I'm sorry to have to inform you that I am quite happily seeing someone and I think he would be rather upset if he found out you were hitting on me.
O: Funny.  We're better off as friends.
V: I'm inclined to agree.  I loved you.  I still do actually but it wouldn't have worked out.
O: I've been telling you that since we broke up.  Nice to see it finally sank in through your think head.

No comments:

Post a Comment