Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Conversation with Voloyda 18

Days until restraining order is lifted: 39

This was the conversation I had with Voloyda today.

V: You know how I said David was divorced and then re-married.
O: Yes.  They were divorced in August of ’95.
V: I was wrong.  I don’t think that they were ever re-married.
O: Okay?  Why do I need to know this?
V: Just figured you’d want to know he’s a liar.
O: What are you talking about?
V: You said he uses the term ‘my wife’ implying that he’s married when he’s really not.  That makes him a liar.
O: So?  If she’s his ex-wife and they’re together but haven’t re-married it’s probably just easier to say ‘my wife’ than to explain.  That’s assuming you’re correct and they haven’t remarried.
V: He’s a pathetic excuse for a man.
O: What are you on about now?
V: What kind of man gets a divorce and then leaves his kids to move out of state.  He’s no man.
O: People get divorced.  It’s sad but it happens.  I’d hardly hold a divorce against someone.
V: It’s not the divorce I have a problem with.  It’s the fact that he left his children.  You get a divorce you move out.  Maybe to another part of the city.  Maybe to a neighboring town.  You don’t up and move 2,264 miles away to California and abandon your children.  It’s pathetic.  He’s no man by me.  A man who doesn’t stand by his children is a coward.  And to come back over a decade later and expect your family to take you back.  That’s fucked up.
O: Are you serious?  You don’t know what happened.  Why he left.  You don’t know him.
V: I don’t know him?  I know everything there is to know.  I know his birthdate.  Where he’s lived.  Where he worked.  Where he’s from.  What his parents did.  Where his mother is.  Where his brothers and sister are.  When his children were born.  Where his children are.  When his ‘wife’ was born.  Where she’s from.  Where she’s lived. 
O: You know about him.  You don’t actually know him.  People are more than facts on a sheet of paper.  You know him about as well as I do which is to say not at all.
V: I know him.
O: Really?  Then you should have no problem answering a few questions?
V: Bring it on.
O: What’s his favorite color?
V: What?  I…
O: What’s his favorite movie?
V: I… I don’t know that.
O: What are his hobbies?
O: Who are his friends?
O: What’s his favorite food?
O: What music does he like?
O: Does he read?
O: What’s his favorite book?
O: What’s his favorite TV show?
V: Stop!
O: As I said: you know about him.  You don’t actually know him.  And it’s wrong to judge someone without knowing the whole story.
O: I have one more question.
V: What?
O: You should know the answer to this one.
V: What is it?
O: What is my favorite color?
V: What?
O: You know all about me.  I mean we dated for two years.  You’re following me.  You’ve hacked into my computer.  You’ve bugged my phone.  You should know this.  What’s my favorite color, Vova?  I’ll make it easy for you; I have three name one of them?
V: *long pause*
O: What?  You don’t know it?
V: Yes.  Of course I know.  It’s blue.
O: No, it’s not.  Hot pink, purple and, emerald green.
O: Apparently it’s also possible to know someone without actually knowing them.
V: You bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment