Thursday, April 6, 2017

30 Days of Autism Acceptance: Day 6

Talk about music, art, writing, and other forms of creativity. Are you a creative person? What do you create? Do you include autistic themes in your creations? Does your creativity help you to deal with your autism?

I’m kind of creative. I can come up with interesting ideas and concepts that are a bit out of the norm but for the most part I think my creativity level is pretty average. I have no musical or artistic talent, My creative talent lies with writing. I love to write poetry and short stories. I also like writing my blog. With my blog, documenting what’s going on helps me to work though and organize everything in my mind. I find writing to be very therapeutic; it has definitely helped me in the past, to get my thoughts together.

Mostly I like writing poetry, I haven’t written anything directly related to being autistic but I have explored themes of being different. Usually my poems are of the sad/depressed variety, I don’t really like to write cheerful poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment