Thursday, April 13, 2017

Don't Be

As I've mentioned pretty much every year since I started this blog, April is National Poetry Month and as per the norm I shall be posting a few of my poems.

Here's a poem I wrote last month for trans days of visibility.  Which I stopped doing (obviously) as I kind of got distracted by putting together my own campaign (which I shall be adding soon) but I may go still do some of the prompts and back date them, of which I will make a note if I do.  Anyway here's my poem, I titled it Don't Be. 

This body I am in
Is not my own
It does not belong to me
There has been
A horrible mistake
And because of this mistake
I must endure
People thinking of me
And referring to me
As something I am not
It saddens me
And it angers me
And I want to scream
But I don't
I don't do anything
Don't draw attention
Don't correct people
Don't cause a scene
Don't be different
Don't make people uncomfortable
Don't be yourself
All these rules
Needed to survive
Seem to say
Don't be happy

No comments:

Post a Comment